Choosing A Security System For Your Home
March 17, 2022
Why Should I Get A Home Security System?
Though a home security system may seem like an expensive investment, it could help pay for itself, considering that you may get a discount on your homeowners insurance premium for having a system in place. You know you want to protect your family and home, but you may not know where to begin. This article offers suggestions to help get you started!
Picking the Right Company
When selecting a home security company, it is important to pick one with a history of delivering quality products and reliable service to its customers. To check dependability:
- Make sure the alarm manufacturer is listed with Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
- Request a reference list of current clients you can contact.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or your local police department to see if they have any knowledge of complaints against a specific provider.
Choosing A Monitoring Service Option
The service that monitors your home is one of the most vital parts of your security system. Here are some additional options to consider:
- System backup: Look for companies that offer cellular or radio backups to keep your system online even if all physical lines to your house are down.
- System tests: Ask potential providers what types of tests they use and how often they are conducted as well as what is done if an error is discovered.
- Maintenance: Look for companies that offer annual maintenance as part of your normal cost of service.
When you think of home security, you may only think of a burglar alarm. However, a fire alarm system is just as important. A fire that stars while you’re away from home can results in losses that far surpass those of a break-in. Having a fire alarm built into your home security system will ensure a quick response in the event of a fire, whether you’re home or not.
This flyer is for informational purposes only and is not intended as professional advice.
© 2012, 2016 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.