Preventing Distracted Driving
June 23, 2022
It’s easy to become distracted while driving on the road. With increased warm weather, there are more hazards to look out for while driving, such as pedestrians, bicyclists and kids playing outside. Follow these tips to prevent driving distractions:
- Avoid texting or talking on your phone while driving.
- Limit your conversations with passengers and ask them to keep their voices down so you can concentrate on the road.
- Adjust the radio when you are completely stopped.
- Never allow pets to sit on your lap while driving.
- Don’t eat, drink or smoke while driving, as it can take your attention off the road.
- Avoid reading maps or directions as you drive. Instead, pull into a parking lot to determine where you need to go next.
Keeping your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road can save lives and prevent avoidable accidents.