Tenant Insurance Myths
August 15, 2022
Did You Know?
If your home becomes uninhabitable for reasons covered in your tenant insurance policy, the insurance company will reimburse you for your temporary living expenses until you are able to find a new place to live. Tenant insurance is there to protect the belongings in your home and so much more.
There are many misconceptions when it comes to what tenant insurance is and what it covers. Some of the most common myths about tenant insurance are as follows:
1. I don’t have enough stuff to get tenant insurance.
- Things add up fast! Your electronics, appliances, clothes and even food are all large expenses that can be protected under your policy.
2. My landlord’s insurance will cover the damages to my belongings.
- Typically, a landlord’s insurance policy only covers the physical building, not anything that’s within your walls or another tenant’s.
3. Personal belongings are the only things covered under tenant insurance.
- Tenant insurance can also cover damage to someone’s property within your home. And, depending on the limits of your liability coverage, it can cover some or all of the medical expenses if someone happens to get injured on your property.
4. I can’t afford tenant insurance.
- Tenant insurance can be incredibly affordable. Although pricing can always vary, some policies can cost as little as the equivalent to a couple cups of coffee at your favourite cafe.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to start thinking about tenant insurance.
We spend a lot of time and energy filling our living spaces with items that make it feel like home—it only takes one unexpected event to have it all stripped away. Tenant insurance can give you peace of mind knowing that you and all of your belongings are covered.
- How to File a Property Claim
- Choosing A Security System For Your Home
- Understanding Umbrella Insurance